The Introductory Equine Ergonomist course teaches students how to measure their horses and determine saddle fit.
This course is fully online and requires no additional in-barn modules. Students who have taken the introductory course are able to upgrade into the Certified Equine Ergonomist course.
Syllabus – Online
- History of saddle making
- Industry trends and challenges
- Technology & Saddle fit
- Circle of influence
- Equine musculoskeletal structures
- Negative reflex points as related to saddle fitting
- Asymmetry in horses
- Growth stages and development
- The saddle support area
- Physical damage caused by poor saddle fit – Horse & rider
- Postural changes caused by poor saddle fit
- Behavioral changes caused by poor saddle fit