Early Bird available until Feb. 22, 2021!
The Certified Equine Ergonomist course teaches students everything they need to know to properly assess any saddle, regardless of brand, to both horse and rider and make the necessary recommendations to alleviate pain and discomfort.
This course takes place both online and in the barn, with various in barn dates scheduled around the globe to give students every opportunity to attend. The in-barn portion allows students to practice under the guidance of a certified Saddlefit 4 Life® teacher, the theories learned online and offers the chance to work one-on-one with the teacher and teaching assistants.
The in barn portion is required for those wishing to complete the externship and become certified.
Syllabus – Online
- History of saddle making
- Industry trends and challenges
- Technology & Saddle fit
- Circle of influence
- Equine musculoskeletal structures
- Negative reflex points as related to saddle fitting
- Asymmetry in horses
- Growth stages and development
- The saddle support area
- Physical damage caused by poor saddle fit – Horse & rider
- Postural changes caused by poor saddle fit
- Behavioral changes caused by poor saddle fit
- Human anatomy and biomechanics
- Equine anatomy and biomechanics
- Common rider health issues
- Rider asymmetry
- A look at the saddle – in depth
- The 8 common saddle fits
- Rider & Saddle evaluation
- Saddle & Horse evaluation
Syllabus – In Barn
- Hands on practice of learned theories
- One-on-one time with certified teacher
- Rider to Saddle assessment
- Saddle to Horse static assessment
- Saddle to Horse dynamic assessment
- Externship tools and information
- Complete & submit 30 student evaluations of personal/friend/family horse and riders
- Make necessary changes and corrections as outlined by the Saddlefit 4 Life® certified teacher
Students must complete the online portion of the course before the first day of the in-barn portion.
- Profile listing on the Saddlefit 4 Life Academy website
- Profile listing on the Saddlefit 4 Life Facebook page
- Social Media announcement
- Certificate and Certificate Card
- Access to CEE/CSE only events
- Access to CEE only online courses
- Continued education and training opportunities (Certified Saddle Ergonomist)
Seats are limited, so register early to avoid disappointment.